Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Socken Kreativ Liste pattern -- Esther

This pattern was designed by Stephanie van der Linden who is the ringleader of a German yahoo group named Sockenkreativliste. Chat is mostly German, with an occasional English post, but all patterns are produced in both German and English. Stephanie is so very talented and has some of the best designs I've seen in years.
I don't often knit lace socks, because I like to knit a fairly mindless sock that I can work on anywhere. This had a 24 row pattern repeat, so I only knit it at home alone. I changed the heel and toe to my favorites.
The gorgeous yarn is Fleece Artist Nova Sock yarn given to me by Cristi. (She can't bear to watch old women stand and salivate and deny themselves.) I used my usual size 1 Addi Lace circ and knit magic loop.
The picot edge on the cuff is easy and just a bit more girlie for this sock.
Bottom of the foot is worked in stockinette.

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh fabulous choice for that yarn! What a beautiful lace pattern!

Anonymous said...

Das ist sehr schoen!