I saw some blogs about Stashalong 2007 and I thought about joining. I did sell a lot of my stash this year and I have be pretty good about not buying new stuff. I'm trying to design and knit from what I have. I even delete emails from my favorite purveyors of happiness unread. Yep, feeling pretty noble here.
I spotted the Stashalong 2008 site and decided I just needed to set a few manageable goals (Oh, yeah) and suck it up. Here's my initial set of goals.
1. Every other project must be made entirely from my stash.
2. Sock yarn does count.
3. I may purchase acrylic yarn for charity knitting. (None in my stash)
4. Exception: I may purchase a *new yarn to use to design for a class I will teach.
*New means it is a hot item for the shop. on the net, or in the mags. My students will be looking for guidance with this yarn.
5. Don’t abuse the exception.
6. I may trade yarn in any amounts.
7. I will reduce my stash by 40 skeins by December, 2008. Partial balls will be estimated and will be included in the count.
If you want to join click on the link above and take a look at the site. It will also connect you to Stashalong 2007 for a look-see. If you know hhobama, please recommend this to her.