Sunday, December 09, 2007

Frustration and Classes


My incision has developed a bit of infection and I am so frustrated. It is irritated by every movement except the Queen Elizabeth wave, and I can only do that so long without being arrested. I want to knits lots. I have so many things in my head.

My design work comes in waves. Dry spell, deluge. This is deluge time and I can't test knit what I'm thinking. I have some ideas for some small project classes. I want to do one or two beaded knitting projects. I may just use my Cabaret Bag pattern and design a smoother yarn version with a bead pattern.

I just ordered this book, 200 Braids to Twist, Knot, Loop or Weave by Jacqui Carey, from Knitpicks. Take a look at some of the braids; I'm going to do a freebie workshop on some of these one Saturday at Charlotte Yarn.



I'm also working on a project with a fairly complex cable pattern from Barbara Walker #3. It has a subtle heart effect, so would make a good Valentine's project. My job is to create a class that de-mystifies the pattern, so that new cable knitters can be successful. I also want to do a cabled tea cozy. Then there is the beaded lace scarf . . . . Dang it! I want to knit.

No comments: