Thursday, June 12, 2008

Diamond Patch UFO

I was knockin' around in the attic and look what I found. This is a partial Jill Vosburg Diamond Patch Sweater. Not the first one I have made, but this one is tweaked. I began with a size 8 needle for row one; switched to size 6 for rounds 2 and 3; ended with size 4. It fits. I know it will stretch because of the bias nature of the diamonds, so I have deliberately made it to fit tighter than I really want.
I used my favorite cotton--Classic Elite Provence, color #2690 (an earthy teal). I've finished all the diamonds. This time I knit in horizontal rows. I like this best because I could try it on as I went along.
Now to decide on the neckline and sleeves. I think I will knit the neck in a rib as per directions. Before I crocheted it. I haven't decided about sleeves. There will be some and they will be different than the pattern. I'm rather pleased with this effort.

I told friends that I just wanted to knit someone else's patterns for a while. Hope to wear this one soon.

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

It's very pretty! The stitch definition is fabulous!

J.P. said...

Oooh.. that's purty!