Friday, March 20, 2009

Socks a la Fassett

Steve's new socks. I used his favorite K4, P1 cuff. It doesn't interfere with the color and the color is what these socks are ALL about.
The toe is a K1 color A, K1 color B pattern. I knit from the outside in, but to get the other color, I pulled from the inside until I found one that would contrast well.
The heel is a K2 (A), K2(B) offset on rows 3 and 4. For this one I wasn't as choosy about the contrasting color. Also the large size of the heel flap used the color repeats more rapidly than the toe.

Sorry the photos are so small. But you get the idea. They are on my sockblockers which don't show them off to my advantage. I think I need to buy him his own sockblockers. Cristi, do you do bicycles?

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

I most certainly can!

I like those socks. They look neat with the way you did the toe and heel.