Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sassy--in Process

She is almost finished. But NOTE: I have already finished the neck and sleeves, well, not sleeves. I have even done the tie.

I telling you right now----You do NOT have to wait until the end to finish a piece. I even blocked this just before I started the bottom. Yes, wet blocked. I like this do it as you go. When I finish, I will be able to just weave in that last tail, put it on, and go. Do I sound like a kid at the shoe store? I always wore my new shoes home.
Here's a closeup of the tie and the bottom pattern. Notice that the whole sweater is on a string, not a needle. This is the only way to try it on and be certain what it will look like and how it will fit. This is not punishment, but opportunity.
Three rows of single crochet and then crab stitch.
One row of single crochet and then crab stitch.

Remi wants me to write this up. I am going to give it a try. I'll probably write it as a standard pattern, but fill it with optional fit suggestions. For instance, don't choose your sweater pattern size by your bust measurement!

I'll be using this a bunch in the Top Down Custom Fit Shell class in April. If you like it, and even if you would like it a bit more subdued, join us.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Yes, you should write it up! I'm sure Remi will want that sucker on display right above the yarn that no one has noticed yet. It's pretty!