Saturday, May 17, 2008

Spin, Ply, Knit--Pretty pictures

Blame turtlegirl76 and knittingdiva. Turtlegirl76 talks spinning as much as knitting. Made me feel like I wanted to get out the wheel. Knittingdiva shows up several places showing off her first skein---a great thick and thin 2 ply. Wait! I own some of that same roving!

Gale's Art -- Merino Wool---Colorway Deep Blue Sea--a whole 4 oz.
Yes!

So I got it out and spun my usual DK weight 2 ply. It's beautiful the way the colors interact. A single ply would have been Noro-ish (see bobbin). I managed 297 yards which will make---well, it will make something.

I think Knittingdiva's was more wow, but I like the possibilities from mine better for me.

Enjoy the pics. What would you make with 297 yds?





2 comments:

KnitDiva said...

I don't know what you were talking about! It came out beautifully!
Thank you for yesterdays class it was wonderful!

turtlegirl76 said...

It's gorgeous! I think you could make a pair of socks for sure. Come to the dark side of going toe-up and i'll prove it. ;)