Thursday, February 07, 2008

Herbal socks

New sock pattern! Yarn is from Opal, the New Rainforest collection. It is #1616, called Pfau.
I love the long bands of color and just added texture to the cuff with a stitch I saw in Interweave Knits recently. I edited the st pattern and present to you St. John's Wort in the round. It shouldn't surprise you to know that I have three bushes of St. John's Wort in my backyard.
It's simple to knit and for those who don't want to wait for me to type out the official pattern (which could take until next June) here is the stitch pattern.

A repeat of six stitches.

Rnd 1: *sl1 pwise wyib, K2, psso, K3*
Rnd 2: *K1, yo, K4*
Rnd 3: *K3, sl1 pwise wyib, K2, psso*
Rnd 4: *K4, yo, K1*

Repeat

This is the way I tweaked the gusset. I knit a K1tbl, P1 pattern on all the gusset stitches until I had decreased to the number I wanted for the foot. The twisted knit st adds a crisp texture and firms that section of the sock.
Extra pictures of the socks before I finished.

If you are new to socks, I'll get the pattern up on jpknits.com and Ravelry as soon as I can.

No comments: