Sunday, May 10, 2009

On the needles--too much

This is from my top down class. I've done most of the short rows for the bustline. The quasi-sweetheart neckline is a new one for me. I simply increase two sts every other row instead of one. I wanted a slightly higher neckline so my necklace would not get lost.

The center is created by alternating the center st with navy and lavendar. Neck edging is crab stitch (backwards single crochet). I added the edging as soon as I finished the neckline so I could prevent it from stretching as I threw in in bag after bag to cart it around.
This is a sock. The third attempt at the Cat Bordhi Riverbed architecture. Turtlegirl76 is mentoring me through this. Problem is, I don't seek her help until I've gotten in too far.
This is the increase for the ankle/gusset area. I know I could have kept it in pattern (the big deal about this design is the ability to knit the whole thing in a pattern), but I really want to clearly see how this shaping works. Hold your breath that this one works. It's in Sockotta by Plymouth.
My skirt!!!! This is Louet Euroflax and I am adapting the Sasha skirt pattern. I've figured out a way to chain stitch through the fabric to create a row of stitches which will allow me to knit my ruffles as assymetrical, sloped lace pieces. Anything to avoid horizontal lines on this body.

Also knitting another Curvaceous scarf, a new lace scarf pattern. Enjoying all.

No comments: