Friday, February 20, 2009

Future Fair Isle Idea

I'm loving knitting my fairly mindless shawl and socks. I'm also thinking about pillow covers. No shaping, no increases, no critical fitting issues. Just knit.

I found this Kaffe Fassett chart called African Rope in Rowan #37. It makes more sense to turn it 90 degrees, at least to my strange brain. I think it would work that way.

I like cotton better than wool for throw pillows. Wool pills from the hard use Steve gives any and all pillows. Classic Elite Provence is my all time favorite cotton, followed by it's cousin Butterfly 10 or Tahki Cotton Classic. I swear they come from the same mill. They do all come from Greece. Oh wait! I'm going to Greece. Perhaps, just maybe, if I find the time, I might buy just a little bit of Butterfly 10 in my den colors. Or my living room. Or both.

How about a light taupe and a dark eggplant?

Temptation is so . . . well, tempting.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

You're going to Greece? When?!