Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New patterns I covet


I saw this in a letter from Cheryl Potter of Cherry Tree Hill. I've just taught a mitered square class and plan to teach Jill Vosburg's Diamond Patch Sweater in the Fall. But wait!!!

I love this--I love the directionality of the colors on the bottom and top. I love neckline and the empire waist. I really love the mitered squares at the end of the sleeves.

I'm headed to Koigu in Canada in September and I was kind of looking for a pattern I could make using their yarns. I can even get their help in mixing the colorways. Or I could use Silky Wool or Noro of some type.

I'm just in love!!

If you don't subscribe to the Berroco newsletter, you probably missed this.
This links to a blog that describes a dye party where they used Rit to dye handknit sweaters. The purpose was to create an ombre look with dark bottoms fading to light shoulders. It's a neat idea. Full pics and directions.

Kate called my attention to the Felted Pumpkin patterns on Carol Bristol's website. I order it and the Quick gifts to felt. Loved the shape of the bowls.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Ooh I like the shape of those bowls too!

I dunno about that dye experiment though. I might do it on a store bought sweater or t-shirt, but on a handknit sweater? Ooooh, I think I'll stick to using the yarn I already know I like the color of.