Monday, July 09, 2007

Colorado Knitting Camp


I've started my packing list. I leave Wednesday morning for Colorado and a reunion with some awesome knitters--awesome people,too. I wish I could take everyone I know to this event. The first year I went was just to give me something to do during a visit to DD who lived in Denver at the time. How could I know these women would change my life?

I didn't return until almost 10 years later--and it was like I had never left. They make every new camper feel totally a part of the group within the hour. Amazing.

Candace Eisner-Strick is returning this year to do a workshop on fair isle. Some of us are fairly new to this technique; others, like me, teach it. It really says something about Candace that we could care less what the topic is; we know we will learn some new tricks. She will bring suitcases filled with examples and I will steal as many good ideas as she will let me.

My biggest quandary is what yarn to take. Candace is bringing the complete line of Harrisville wool and Peggy Wells, owner of Brown Sheep, is bringing the complete line of their wool, and we have access to yarn shops--But! I am a Southerner who rarely wears wool--especially fair isle double layered things. I may take Louet Opal to design some socks and some thin cottons like Cotton Fine.

Clothes?? I'm not sure I'll have room. I may have to wear them all out there. Yarn is far more important.

Check in often. I'll try to keep you up to date. Second in importance to take is my computer.

Notice the Hufflepuff button on the side. I succumbed to being sorted. Yes, the book is on order. I am an unashamed Harry Potter fan.

2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I could afford it. I need to start saving and maybe in a few years I can go too. And as far as packing goes - don't forget the travel size space bags. Perfect.

Linda C. said...

Clothes? You can buy clothes! I've been knitting since I was 15 (now nearing 61), but I haven't made it to a Knitting Camp yet. Of course, I go to at least three quilting retreats every year. I'm hoping to make it to Stitches Midwest. Hope you have a wonderful time!