Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Lace Scarf Finished


This is the scarf I'm using to teach my Lace Sampler Scarf class Dec. 7th. Above is Fishtale lace that I love.
Another traditional one is this fern lace.
This is a vintage pattern I discovered from Cindy Moore's yahoo group The Art of Knitting.
Faggoting and Beehive--sounds a bit risque.

I've forgotten this one, but I like it and will find out what it is.
Milanese Lace--I love this.

There are several more patterns, but you get the idea. The class is intended to introduce folks to some of these designs and to show how to pick random designs and put them together into your own scarf. There is some math involved, but not much. We'll also talk about edges and edging.

This is perfect work for me because by the time I'm bored it's time to change patterns. Looks stunning. (I'm such a shy and humble person.)

The yarn is Malabrigo Lace; colorway--verdi.
Size 4 needle.
Less than one ball.

I also found a simple but lovely edging in Nancy Bush's new lace book. She also explains a clever way the women of Estonia attach their edgings.

3 comments:

stitchin' girl said...

All those patterns look so lovely! I wish I lived close enough to take your class - it sounds very interesting and informative.

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful!

Debra

Brenda said...

Very beautiful! Your post also helped me realize that I tend to knit my lace on too small a needle size. I am inspired to try bigger needles.