Monday, June 04, 2007

New Free Pattern


When my first grandson was born, we only had 24 hours notice of his existence until my daughter picked him up at the local hospital. Yes, he is adopted. She had called me the day before he was born to tell me a doctor had called and offered them the opportunity to bring him into our family. As I left town the day after his birth, I realized I had no baby yarn. There is a Michaels between my house and I-85. Quick stop, several balls of acrylic, no patterns, head to meet the son and heir.

The Newborn Sweater Vest was one of the sweaters I created for him out of my head during the few days I was with them. Erica took him to a shower the next week and he wore it with the Z, his first initial, embroidered large and proud. The other mothers had a fit over it, especially how easy it was to get on and off. I've knit a few of these over the years, and I decided it was time to share the pattern. It takes very little yarn--about 50 grams, I think. I used ribbons on some and just chained some ties for others.

Check out the link in the free patterns section of the sidebar. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Very cute! So it goes on with ribbons? Is there a back?