Saturday, April 05, 2008

Campaign Office for Hillary Opens

Well, I misread the email and thought Hillary was coming to this. Dumb! But I'm glad I went to it. I put together about 100 yard signs and did some people watching that was interesting.
Many of the volunteers are young, like Nathan and Chris. They are so enthusiastic. There were a good number of us older types there. The age group in the middle didn't come until after 5. I guess they were working--something I used to do.
Kate met me there and we snagged buttons and stickers and yarn signs. We also talked to the interns to find out what kind of office supplies they need. When we realized that the only people speaking at this were some local politicians, we headed to Roosters for beer and wine and to talk fiber things. The bartender seemed very amused by us.

2 comments:

Virtuous said...

Haha! You ditched the party!
Some supporter you are! ;op Haha!

turtlegirl76 said...

hahahahaha you said "yarn signs".

indeed Jane, indeed.