Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Secret of the Chrysopolis




I think I'm becoming a Secret-ho. I'm trying to knit two new ones and still haven't blocked the Mystery Stole #3. I haven't started the Secret of the Stole yet because my beads are on order. But I have been working on the Chrysopolis.

There are issues. First, I didn't have enough of the Mysti Alpaca Lace that I wanted to use. I ordered more thinking I could work with the dye lot difference. Well, 948 dye lots later the color isn't even close. Can't intertwine rows unless I want a striped lace shawl. But I was over halfway through the first clue. Fine. I'll just use the stuff and dye the whole stole after I finish.

But will I ever finish? This is taking me a long time. I can't find a way to mark the rows so I just repeat a small pattern many times across. I mean I am having to pay close attention on every RS row. We're talking lots of markers; highlighter, sticky notes, and magnet row markers on the chart. The click that allows me to knit by looking at what I knit before just hasn't happened.

It's lovely and huge! I know I will love it, but I won't be wearing it anytime soon. Second clue is posted and I still haven't finished the first. I knit 2-4 rows and then take a break. Am I the only one finding this slow going?

No comments: