Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Decisions! Yarn sale

As I write, a nice man is grouting the bathroom and the glass man has measured for the shower walls and door. Can it be that a second potty will be available by the weekend? Steve and I are not a one potty household. The time is here to decide on colors--I'm not sure I can.

Instead I spent some time with my bead trash and made new markers. The small ones are designed to use with socks to mark the gusset decrease site a la Cat Bordhi. Meghan gave me the life saver type beads (do they have a real name?) some time ago and I enjoyed conjuring up a way to use them. My wraps are getting better, and it is such fun to just play. Remember when you first learned to knit and were mixing lots of yarn to make scarves? This is the same kind of fun.

Also made the row counter described in this issue of Knitters. Very simple and works well. I think the guild would enjoy making these for a program.

OTN -- a top down raglan from the Adara yarn I bought from elann. I just love the feel of the linen and cotton and thought I'd enjoy it in a "sweatshirt" substitute this fall. The time has come to decide if it will be a pullover or a cardigan. My life is nothing but decisions; I might as well be working again. :)

Little_Knits is having a big sale on Opal sockyarn(among other great things), so I ordered these.



Opal 6-Ply - Magic (Color #1711)
Details

46% Off Sale!
Fiber Content: 75% Superwash Wool and 25% Poly

Yardage: 458 yards per each 150 gram skein (one BIG skein is more than sufficient for a pair of socks)

Gauge: 6-5.5 stitches to an inch on US size 3-5 needles

Opal Rainforest Peacock

45% Off Sale!
Fiber Content: 75% Superwash Wool and 25% Polyamid

Yardage: 462 yards per 100 gram skein (one skein for a pair of socks)

Gauge: 7 stitches/inch on US size 1-2 needles

No comments: