Monday, September 03, 2007

Carpal Tunnel and Socks


It's official--carpal tunnel diagnosed! Cortisone in both wrists and nerve test is scheduled. Surgery will follow. BUT . . . my doctor is a wonder. She is a former East Meck High student, a tennis player and -- wait for it--a knitter. She was a fabulous teen and is even more awesome now. Chapel Hill, Harvard Med, Duke residency, and a sweeter girl you'll never meet. Best of all--she never even hinted I should stop knitting.


Finished object for you is the pair of Socks That Rock socks I knit for DH. Again I am trying to enhance the hand-dye, so this time I knit his K3, P1 cuff with an extra step. Round 1, I slipped the first of the three knit stitches. Round 2, I slipped the 2nd. Round 3, the 3rd. Round 4, none. It mixed the colors nicely and gave the piece a bit more texture.

Also finished is the Mystery Stole #3, but I can't block it until I uncover the guest room bed which can't be uncovered until the bathroom is finished and --well, you get the point. I received an invite for another mystery stole group through Yahoo that I joined. It will start in October, so that's the goal for blocking this one.

Finally on Ravelry where my username is jprater. I've put a few projects on there, but that will go slowly.

On the needles--The Harry Potter scarf, Brigit socks, new socks with Crystal Palace Maisy (corn fiber). I'm trying to avoid anything but wool for a few days, so that means felting. Easier on my wrists. I knit a large fair isle piece with 9 roses on it. I wish I knew what it was. Maybe a pillow top or the front of a bag. Oh, well, I enjoyed the knitting. I want to build up a bunch of felting and then have a go with the washer all at once.

Very tired from the cortisone which reacts on me like speed, so haven't slept much. I'll try to be more inspiring next time.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I found your blog through Turtlegirl's. You gave her good advice on her cap shawl.

I like the socks! And the 3x1 rib with the slipped stitches might be the perfect thing for some recalcitrant LL Mother Lode yarn I have. Thanks for the idea!

Sorry to hear you have Carpal Tunnel, but it sounds like you have a great doctor. I hope it all works out well quickly.