Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Classes and Projects


It hasn't been blocked, doesn't have shoulder pads, but Meghan was available to take the picture, so here it is.

Yes, that is a thumb support in the picture. Left thumb really hurts; right thumb hurts. Strange pains come and go in both hands. Does anyone know a good hand doctor?

My progress toward class samples has been greatly slowed. I may never get back to those two pair of socks.

I have planned my classes for now until the end of the year. Lots of quickie weekend classes and few for the more advanced crowd. Hope everyone finds something they would like. If not, let me know.

Newest project is the Swallowtail shawl in Interweave Knits. I'm using the yarn it calls for--that's a first! Misti Alpaca that I had in my stash. The shawl knits from the top down and the pattern is only 24 inches. I don't like shawls that come to my knees. (No short jokes, please.) The first section after the cast-on and set up is a nice 6 row lace pattern with return row purl. I did use a safety line, but didn't need it. Then I got cocky.



For section two, a lily of the valley lace that I had never knit before, I forewent the safety line because I'm so good I don't need one. After tinking 3 tedious rows of botched lace over 200 sts long, I put in the safety line, practiced the pattern until I began to get a handle on that P5tog thing and then restarted. Actually it is coming along quite well. It just slows for the P5tog some of the time. It's so pretty that it is worth it.

Class schedule in brief. More details at www.charlotteyarn.com
Sept. 23 10am – 12 Cables Workshop Adv. Beg
Sept. 24 2pm-4 Knit with Me Free
Help session for students who have taken classes in the past few months. Invitations will be sent by email.
Oct 1 – 8 1pm-2:30 Double Pointed Cabaret Bag
Oct. 5-19 6pm-7-30 Swallowtail shawl Intermediate
Oct 7 10am-12 Couture Cast-ons Adv. Beg
Oct 10-24 6pm-7:30 Advanced Sock techniques Intermediate
Nov. 4-11 10am-12 Beyond Beginners Adv. Beg
Nov. 5-19 1pm-2:30 Plus Size Fit Class Advanced
Nov. 9-16 6pm-7:30 Finishing workshop Adv. Beg
Dec. 2 10am-12 Lace Baby Bonnets Adv. Beg
Dec. 3 1pm-3 Lace edgings Adv. Beg
Dec. 17 1pm-3 Knit with Me Free
Help session for students who have taken classes in the past few months. Invitations will be sent by email.

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

I am all over the Swallowtail lace shawl class. Yay! Can I use my Knitpicks Shadow that I have in my stash? (Yes, 'tis laceweight)